Welcome to the SRQrents.com Rental Blog!
Welcome to the rental blog for SRQrents.com – the marketplace to find any rental in Sarasota and Manatee counties!
Why is SRQrents.com different from other rental sites? Two reasons:
(1) We include short term and annual rentals – and make it easy to search our properties so you can find what you’re looking for fast, whether you’re coming for the season, the week, or for good! Plus – we make searching for those extras, like pet friendly landlords and pools upfront and simple!
(2) We include properties from all types of landlords – those folks who rent out single family homes or condos, property managers with lots of rentals, retirement communities, mobile home parks. That means no matter what your budget, you’ll find your rental on our site!
We also know that if you’re not a regular visitor to these parts, you’ll want to know something about them. Sarasota and Manatee counties have a lot to offer for all ages and types of people.
Our blog posts will tell you about . . .
- What the “barrier islands” have to offer. That’s another word for Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key, Siesta Key, Casey Key and Venice Island – the major places for snowbirds and vacationers who like to enjoy the beach and Gulf of Mexico. Each of these islands is lovely, but they are very different from each other. We devote several posts to describing each of them for you.
- The water sports around. Where’s the best place to fish? To rent a boat? To kayak? To waterski or jetski? To enter a beach volleyball tournament? You’ll want the “skinny” on those facts to help you get started.
- Where to find the many golf courses and tennis clubs the area has to offer.
- Where the cultural parts of town can be found – the theaters (like the Asolo, Florida Studio, Manatee Players, just to name a few of the many), the live opera and ballets, the museums (Ringling museums are unforgettable) and galleries. There’s a good reason many people retire to the suncoast of Florida for the culture.
- Where to live if you want a good dose of “old Florida” . . . or in a planned community like the Meadows, or a planned town like Lakewood Ranch . . . or the medical centers … or to be near downtown or perhaps I-75 . . .
- Where to shop – for produce, for antiques, for the most gorgeous clothes, and for great bargains . . .
- What colleges and universities are around, and what neighborhoods are close if you are going to school or back to school.
In short, stick with us, find your rental on SRQrents.com and we’ll prepare you for your vacation or move to the Sarasota-Manatee counties area. You’ll be glad you did!
Judy Gee, owner